THE MOUNTAIN and its Affiliates.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO PROVIDE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO WWW.THEMOUNTAINUSA.COM
OR OTHER WEBSITES OF THE MOUNTAIN OR ITS AFFILIATES. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PROVIDE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO WWW.THEMOUNTAINUSA.COM OR OTHER WEBSITES OF THE MOUNTAIN OR ITS AFFILIATES. IF YOU ARE BETWEEN 13 AND 16 YEARS OF AGE, YOU MUST HAVE THE CONSENT OF YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN PRIOR TO PROVIDING ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO WWW.THEMOUNTAINUSA.COM
OR OTHER WEBSITES OF THE MOUNTAIN OR ITS AFFILIATES.
Information We Collect:
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
Personally Identifiable Information:
Personal information consists of information that enables us to identify you – for example, your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address — as well as other information you may provide us within areas such as your opinions and preferences regarding content and services of the Website.
We may ask for your personal information in situations that include, but are not limited to the following: (i) in connection with your signing up or registering on the Website to receive certain information or newsletters from us, or to be included in certain affinity groups, (ii) to receive access to certain aspects of the Website, (iii) if you wish to participate in surveys or information requests from the Website, (iv) to help customize the Website to your preferences, and (v) in connection with a purchase you make via the Website – such as signing up to be an attendee at an event we sponsor — in order to process, service and deliver your order (in which case we may also ask for your credit card number). If you are between 13 and 18 years of age, do not make any purchase via the Website unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.Sharing your personal information with our Website is strictly voluntary, and you may be able to have limited use and get some benefit from our Website without providing such information. However, you will not be able to sign up to be an attendee at any of the events we offer without disclosing certain personal information we request for such purpose, such as, but not limited to, name, address, e-mail address, citizenship, date of birth, and payment information (which can include a credit card).
When you access our website or communicate with us through a mobile device, we may receive and collect or store a unique identification number associated with your device, mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, and phone number. We may use or work with third parties including our third-party business partners or service providers who use mobile storage development kits (“SDK”). An SDK is a computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services and functionality to be implemented. A mobile SDK is in effect a mobile version of a “pixel tag” or “beacon”. We may use these technologies, to, for example, collect information to help us analyze how you interact with our content and services.Please note that if you use a mobile device, social media account, or location enabled products and/or services to access our website or contact us, you may be sending us information such as GPS data which reveals your actual location.
Providing Information For Others
If this is not correct, you should not give us such information about other persons.If you make reservations for others on your booking, all of the guests who are included on your booking may be able to access the personal data of the other guests on the reservation. Nevertheless, they will not be able to modify or cancel your reservation; only you will be able to do so.
Information We Receive from Social Networking Sites or Other Third Parties
When you interact with our Website through various social media, such as when you login through Facebook, or share our content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, profile picture, profile name, user ID associated with your social media account, country and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network, and is not within our control. We will not post information about you on third party social media sites without your consent. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Website.
Sharing Your Information:
We may also collect information about you from other third parties, for example, data aggregators, and our partners. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available. This information may be combined with the information we collect from you directly as discussed above. We use this information to better understand the demographics of our customers, to connect with you on social networks, and improve our websites and our customer experience.
If You Send Us Unsolicited Information:
Sharing/Disclosure for Business Purposes:
THE MOUNTAIN may disclose or share your personal information with third parties as necessary for business purposes associated with your Festival reservation (“Business Purposes”), as further described below in the How We Use Your Personal Information section below. Disclosure and sharing for Business Purposes includes, without limitation, disclosure/sharing for such purposes to or with subsidiaries or affiliates of THE MOUNTAIN, service providers for the Festival (including payment processors), the Gatlinburg Convention Center, vendors acting on THE MOUNTAIN’s behalf, government authorities, or the purchaser of substantially all of the assets of THE MOUNTAIN or a subsidiary or affiliate of THE MOUNTAIN. Our policy is to require that third parties to which personal information is disclosed or shared for Business Purposes keep that information confidential, subject to applicable law. When we disclose or share personal information for Business Purposes, we try to limit the information disclosed or shared to that which is necessary for the purposes disclosed/shared. We reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information, without notice, if we believe that such action is necessary, and permitted by applicable law, to defend and protect the rights or property of THE MOUNTAIN and its family of websites or to protect the personal safety of users of THE MOUNTAIN, its websites or the public. Your credit card number is used to process your request for products or services and will be shared only with third parties that are involved with the transaction; it will not be shared with third parties that are not involved with the transaction. To request that THE MOUNTAIN delete the personal information you have provided for Business Purposes, you should notify us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or by letter sent to: THE MOUNTAIN, 1309 Coffeen Ave. Ste. 1200, Sheridan, Wyoming 82801, Attn: Privacy Department. Once we receive, confirm and verify your request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception to the deletion right applies under applicable law. If you request deletion of your personal information, though, please be aware that this may mean that you will not able to participate in the event.
Sharing/Disclosure Other Than For Business Purposes:
THE MOUNTAIN, 1309 Coffeen Ave. Ste. 1200, Sheridan, Wyoming 82801 will not disclose, sell or share your confidential personal information for use by any third parties other than for Business Purposes unless (i) we have informed you in advance, given you reasonable time to object to the potential disclosure, sale, or sharing, and not received an objection from you within such time, (ii) been authorized by you, or (iii) are required by law to do so regardless of your authorization. If you consent to disclosure, sale, or sharing of your personal information by us to third parties for other than Business Purposes and later wish to revoke your consent, you have the right to do so by notifying us by e-mail at email@example.com
, or by letter sent to: THE MOUNTAIN, 1309 Coffeen Ave. Ste. 1200, Sheridan, Wyoming 82801, Attn: Privacy Department. In the last 12 months, we have not disclosed or shared any personal information of customers with third parties for reasons other than Business Purposes. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights described above. Unless otherwise permitted by law, we will not deny you goods or services, provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services, or charge you different prices or rates for goods or services because you have exercised your rights described above.
Sharing/Disclosure Other Than For Business Purposes:
How We Use Your Personal Information: We use the personal information that you share with us, and may disclose your personal information to third parties, for these Business Purposes:
- To provide the products, services or membership benefits you request
- To improve the content of our site and enhance your Festival planning experience
- To take and process your Festival reservations
- To ensure proper billing
- To measure consumer demand or interest in various offerings
- For marketing and promotional purposes, including to provide you with information about products and services offered by THE MOUNTAIN and its subsidiaries and affiliates, including, but not limited to, future events.
- To comply with government requirements
Our websites often provide links to resources that we believe may be useful. These links will lead you to websites operated by third parties that operate under different privacy policies for which we have no responsibility. We encourage you to review those privacy policies, as we have no control over the use of information you may submit to those third parties. Users may find advertising or other content on our Website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies, and we have no responsibility for such websites.In some cases, our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request. For further information on how to exercise those rights, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are located in the European Union or the UK:
If you reside in the EU or the United Kingdom, before we can collect personal information and data from you, we must obtain clear and affirmative consent from you to do so, in the manner set forth on our site. You will not be able to provide us with any personal information, or purchase a ticket, in the absence of such consent. How we share your personal information is as set out in the Sharing/Disclosure sections above, and how we use your personal information is as set out in the How We Use Your Personal Information section above. In addition, you are entitled to the following rights in respect of personal information that we hold:
- Right of Access. The right to obtain access to your personal information.
- Right to Rectification: The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to Restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
- Right to Object. The right to object to us processing personal information relating to you.
- Right to Port. The right to obtain certain personal information from us in a format that can be transferred electronically to a third party.
- Right to be Informed. The right to be informed about the personal information being processed.
The procedure for exercising your data subject rights is available at the EU GDPR Request Form Page
. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority. Information about how to contact your local data protection supervisory authority is available at the European Data Protection Board website. We retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you, and such relationship includes your request to receive marketing or other promotional materials from us or membership in our loyalty programs. When deciding how long to keep your personal data after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations, including requirements of regulators and governmental agencies that have authority over us. We may also retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims. We will delete your personal data when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.Please be aware that the United States’ laws have not yet been acknowledged as providing for a data protection standard which is adequate to the ones within your jurisdiction. For more information about the safeguards relating to personal information transfers you may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com
or letter sent to: THE MOUNTAIN, 1309 Coffeen Ave. Ste. 1200, Sheridan, Wyoming 82801, Attn: Privacy Department.
International Data Transfers:
We are headquartered in the United States and do not currently transfer, store, or possess your personal data in other countries. If at any point in the future your personal data is transferred by us to, stored and processed in various countries, including those that are not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data under European Union law or by the European Commission, we will put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal data, such as name, email and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above data, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or write us at: THE MOUNTAIN 1309 Coffeen Ave. Ste. 1200, Sheridan, Wyoming 82801, Attn: Privacy Department. We will respond to such requests for data access within 30 days following receipt at the email or mailing address stated above. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year. For California residents, (i) THE MOUNTAIN cannot sell your personal information if you are under 13 years of age unless your parent or guardian affirmatively authorizes the sale of your personal information, and (ii) THE MOUNTAIN cannot sell your personal information if you are between 13 and 16 years of age unless you affirmatively authorize the sale of your personal information.Additionally, California law requires that we indicate whether we honor “Do Not Track” settings in your browser concerning targeted advertising. We do not currently alter our practices when a Do Not Track signal is received. To learn about Do Not Track and for information about how to opt out of receiving targeted advertising, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices
Colorado, Utah, Virginia, and Connecticut Residents:
- Right to know: You can request that a business disclose to you: (1) the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information they have collected about you, (2) the categories of sources for that personal information, (3) the purposes for which the business uses that information, (4) the categories of third parties with whom the business discloses the information, and (5) the categories of information that the business sells or discloses to third parties. You can make a request to know up to twice a year, free of charge.
- Right to delete: You can request that businesses delete personal information they collected from you and tell their service providers to do the same, subject to certain exceptions (such as if the business is legally required to keep the information).
- Right to correct: You may ask businesses to correct inaccurate information that they have about you.
- Right to opt-out of sale or sharing: You may request that businesses stop selling or sharing your personal information (“opt-out”), including via a user-enabled global privacy control. Businesses cannot sell or share your personal information after they receive your opt-out request unless you later provide authorization allowing them to do so again.
- Right to limit use and disclosure of sensitive personal information: You can direct businesses to only use your sensitive personal information (for example, your social security number, financial account information, your precise geolocation data, or your genetic data) for limited purposes, such as providing you with the services you requested.
- that the personal information is not stored by the business longer than necessary to accomplish the purpose for which information was provided.
- that the business correct any inaccurate personal information it has about you.
- that the consumer wishes to opt out of cross-context behavioral advertising.
To request the above data or make any of the requests above to THE MOUNTAIN, please contact us by email at email@example.com
or write us at: THE MOUNTAIN, 1309 Coffeen Ave., Ste. 1200, Sheridan, WY 82801 Attn: Privacy Department. We will respond to such requests for data access within 30 days following receipt at the email or mailing address stated above. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year. For California residents, (i) OTB cannot sell your personal information if you are under 13 years of age unless your parent or guardian affirmatively authorizes the sale of your personal information, and (ii) OTB cannot sell your personal information if you are between 13 and 16 years of age unless you affirmatively authorize the sale of your personal information. Additionally, California law and law in other states may require that we indicate whether we honor “Do Not Track” settings in your browser concerning targeted advertising. We do not currently alter our practices when a Do Not Track signal is received. To learn about Do Not Track and for information about how to opt out of receiving targeted advertising, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices
Nevada Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. If you are a Nevada resident, you may submit a request to opt out of potential future sales under Nevada law by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or write us at THE MOUNTAIN, 1309 Coffeen Ave., Ste. 1200, Sheridan, WY 82801, Attn: Privacy Department.
This section applies to you if your personal information: (i) is processed in the Brazilian territory; or (ii) has been collected in the Brazilian territory. This section also applies to you if the purpose of the processing activity is the offer or supply of goods or services within the Brazilian territory.
Your Rights. According to the Brazilian General Data Protection Law, Law No. 13.709/18 (“LGPD”), you may be able to exercise the following rights, at any time upon request:
- confirmation of the existence of processing;
- access to the personal information;
- correction of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal information
- making anonymous, blocking or elimination of unnecessary or excessive data or of data processed in noncompliance with the provisions of the LGPD;
- portability of your personal information to other service providers or suppliers of product, at the express request, and observing our business and industrial secrets;
- elimination of the personal information processed with your consent, except in the events set forth below;
- information of the public and private entities with which the data controller carried out the shared use of personal information;
- information on the possibility of not providing consent and on the consequences of the denial;
- revocation of your consent.
Termination of the Processing. Your personal information shall be eliminated after termination of the processing thereof, within the scope and technical limits of the activities, and conservation thereof shall be authorized for the following purposes:
- our compliance with a statutory or regulatory obligation;
- transfer to third parties in accordance with the data processing requirements set forth in the LGPD; or
- if the exclusive use of the personal information by us is made anonymous and no third parties may thereafter access it.
China. This section applies to you if: (i) your personal information is processed within the territory of the People’s Republic of China (excluding Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, the “PRC”), or (ii) you are within the territory of China and your personal information is processed outside of China for the purposes of providing goods or services to you, or analyzing or evaluating your behaviors. PRC law requires us to disclose certain information set forth below.
Processing of Sensitive Personal Information. Under the PRC law, sensitive personal information includes information regarding such as biometrics, religious beliefs, race, ethnicity, medical health, financial accounts, and location tracking, as well as the personal information of minors under the age of 14 (“Minor(s)”). For example, we may process your sensitive personal information for health screenings, or for security purposes. We may process certain other of your sensitive personal information only when we have your consent or another legal basis to do so. Where your consent is the legal basis for processing your sensitive personal information, we will seek your prior consent separately.Before processing a Minor’s personal information, we will seek consent from their parent or other legal guardian.
Legal Basis for the Processing of Your Personal Information. Our processing of your personal information as described herein is based on the following legal grounds:
- Consent: We may need your consent in connection with our promotional activities, or to deploy certain cookies when you use our online services, or where we collect location information or information about your health or medical conditions in connection with your participation in certain activities.
- Enter into or perform a contract with you: For example, we rely on this to manage your travel bookings and orders, to provide you with services and to process your on-board purchases, and to communicate with you as necessary.
- Carry out legal responsibilities or legal obligations: We may be obliged to process personal information to carry out our legal responsibilities or legal obligations, for example where we are required to retain data for tax law or commercial purposes or where we must comply with regulatory requirements regarding public health or gambling.
- Respond to an emergency: We may collect and process your personal information in order to respond to a public health emergency or to protect a person’s life, health and property in an emergency.
- Reasonably process legitimately published personal information: We may reasonably process your personal information that has been already publicly published by you.
Your Rights: You are entitled to the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right To Know And Decide. You have the right to know and to decide about processing of your personal information unless the law provides otherwise. Examples of the law providing otherwise can be that we may be obligated by law to keep certain information confidential, or we may be exempted from notification under certain circumstances. You also have the right to request us to explain our rules on processing your personal information.
- Right to Restrict or Object. You have the right to restrict or object to any processing of your personal information unless the law provides otherwise.
- Right to Access and Reproduce. You have the right to access your personal information or to obtain a copy of your personal information unless we are obligated by law to keep certain information confidential.
- Right to Transfer. You have the right to transfer your personal information to another processor appointed by you, provided that the transfer meets the requirements set forth by the Cyberspace Administration of China.
- Right To Rectify and Supplement. You have the right to have your personal information rectified or supplemented where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erase. You have the right to request the erasure of your personal information. However, if we are obligated by law to retain your personal information for a longer period of time, or it is technically unfeasible to erase your personal information, we will retain your personal information with necessary security protection measures and will not otherwise process your personal information.
In some cases, our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
Please also note that after an individual passed away, their next of kin may be able to exercise the individual rights of the deceased in accordance with law.
For further information on how to exercise those rights, you may contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to email@example.com
or write us at THE MOUNTAIN, 1309 Coffeen Ave., Ste. 1200, Sheridan, WY 82801. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent personal information protection authority.
This section applies to you if you are a resident of Japan, in accordance with the Act of Protection of Personal Information (the “APPI”) of Japan.
Inquiries and Complaints.
We shall respond appropriately to requests permitted under the APPI including requests for inquiries and complaints regarding the handling of personal information. Please submit a request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or write us at THE MOUNTAIN, 1309 Coffeen Ave., Ste. 1200, Sheridan, WY 82801.
Compliance With Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act:
THE MOUNTAIN does not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from or about children under 13 except as permitted by law or with the permission of such child’s parent or guardian. A parent or guardian may be asked to provide a minimum of identifying information about children booked for our cruises, but we do not share or disclose this information except as may be required for the cruise (e.g., passenger lists, customs requirements, special provisions necessary, etc.). If we discover we have received any information from a child under 13 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe that THE MOUNTAIN. has any improper information from or about anyone under 13, please contact us at:THE MOUNTAIN USA
1309 Coffeen Ave. Ste. 1200
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801
1309 Coffeen Ave. Ste. 1200
Sheridan, Wyoming 82801
Last Updated 21 November 2023